This Limited Warranty applies only if you purchased your Octopus by JOY in the United States.
WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY COVER AND HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
JOY warrants that a new JOY device (including any ancillary parts that may be packaged with it) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use in accordance with JOY’s published user documentation for thirty days (30) from the date of original retail purchase. If a JOY device has been refurbished, JOY warrants that the JOY device (including any ancillary parts that may be packaged with it) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use in accordance with JOY’s published user documentation for thirty days (30) from the original date of retail purchase by you (these warranties are collectively referred to as our “Limited Warranty”).
WHAT WILL JOY DO?
If a defect arises and you return your JOY device during the Limited Warranty period (which is 30 days for new devices and refurbished devices), JOY will in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, repair your JOY device using new or refurbished parts, replace your JOY device with a new or refurbished JOY device functionally at least equivalent to yours. If JOY repairs or replaces your JOY device, the repaired or replaced JOY device will continue to be warranted for the remaining time of the original warranty period. All returned parts for which you have received a replacement will become the property of JOY. Nothing in this Limited Warranty will reduce or otherwise affect your statutory rights in relation to your JOY device.
THE LIMITED WARRANTY WRITTEN ABOVE IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY JOY PROVIDES FOR YOUR JOY DEVICE, AND THE ABOVE REMEDY IS YOUR SOLE REMEDY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, JOY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, ARISING FROM COURSE OF CONDUCT OR OTHERWISE, REGARDING YOUR JOY DEVICE, EXCEPT THAT ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY ABOVE (THIRTY DAYS).
WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY NOT COVER?
This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in locations where JOY device is sold and will apply only if you purchased your JOY device from JOY or its authorized resellers. This Limited Warranty only applies to hardware components (and not any software elements) of JOY device, and this Limited Warranty does not apply to damage caused by: (1) normal wear and tear; (2) accidents; (3) misuse (including failure to follow product documentation); (4) neglect; (5) disassembly; (6) alterations; (7) servicing other than by JOY authorized technicians; and (8) external causes such as, but not limited to, water damage, anomalies in the electrical current supplied to the device, and extreme thermal or environmental conditions. This Limited Warranty does not guarantee that use of the JOY device will be uninterrupted or error free. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, JOY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY, “JOY PARTIES”) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OR FAILURE OF ANY WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR JOY DEVICE OR THESE TERMS, INCLUDING ANY LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER OR NOT A JOY PARTY OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE JOY PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR JOY DEVICE OR THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU ACTUALLY PAID JOY FOR YOUR JOY DEVICE.
International Purchases: A separate warranty may be provided by international distributors for devices purchased outside the United States depending on the country. If applicable, this warranty is provided by the local in-country distributor and this distributor provides local service for your device. Distributor warranties are only valid in the area of intended distribution.
For product originally purchased in the USA: JOY is JOY FAMILYTECH INC. 427 N Tatnall St, Wilmington DE 19801-2230 USA.
Other limitations: No vendor, seller, authorized reseller, employee or representative of JOY or its affiliates or any third party is authorized to make any modification, extension or addition to this Limited Warranty. If any term of this Limited Warranty is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the remaining terms of this Limited Warranty will remain in full force and effect.
HOW DO YOU GET SUPPORT?
Please follow the instructions below:
• To make a valid Warranty Claim, you must file a support ticket at https://joyfamilytech.freshdesk.com/en/support/home with your name, email address used for the purchase, the order number, proof of payment, and product diagnostic showing that the Device is defective.
• The customer must request and fill out a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form and ship with the faulty product, Joy will email you the RMA number once we receive your request.
• The customer shall bear the costs for the shipment to Joy. The shipping fees will not be refunded in any case.
• Upon receiving the Device, Joy will examine the Device and determine whether the Warranty Claim is justified.
• Products found to be in working order will be returned to the customer as is, and will not be replaced with a new product.
• The customer will be responsible to backup any data, software, or other materials you may have stored or preserved on the Device.
• It is likely that such data, software, or other materials will be lost or reformatted during service, and Joy will not be responsible for any such damage or loss.
• Joy will replace the Device with a new or refurbished Device at no charge to the customer. Replacement devices usually ship 4-6 weeks after the Warranty Claim is completed and approved.
• Customers are solely responsible for any duties, import taxes and brokerage fees imputable to the repaired merchandise.
Effective: October 4th, 2017