JOY discourages spamming.
Eligible Referrers will receive a reward code valid for $15 off of their next purchase of $60 or more once a Referee have purchased Qualifying Items (defined below) using the Referrer’s unique referral code, and provided that the Referee have not returned their purchases of Qualifying Items during the guarantee window. Eligible Referees will receive $15 off their first purchase of an Octopus device of $60 or more. Shipping costs, tax charges and additional products are not included in the Reward, and you are responsible for the payment of all applicable taxes which may result from participating in the ‘Refer a Friend’ Program.
Only JOY account holders are eligible to participate in the ‘Refer a Friend’ Program.
Once JOY receives information from Referee, JOY will determine whether any other Referrers have previously provided information to JOY regarding that Referee. In the event that more than one party provides JOY with information regarding a Referee, the referral credit described herein will be allocated to the party that first provided the referral information to JOY, as determined by JOY in its sole discretion.
JOY’s Refer-a-Friend Program cannot be used by businesses for affiliate lead generation as determined in JOY’s sole discretion.
You may not participate in the ‘Refer a Friend’ Program if doing so is prohibited by any applicable law or regulation. We reserve the right to terminate and disqualify you from participating in the ‘Refer a Friend’ Program at any time if you don’t comply with these Terms.
As a Referrer, you will earn a referral credit for each Referee only if that Referee:
- clicks on your unique referral link or enters your unique promo code when registering for a new account,
- is a new JOY customer (who has not previously registered),
- completes the registration process, and
- purchases an Octopus device (“Qualifying Item”) from www.heyjoy.io as redirected from your unique referral link.
You are limited to one referral credit for each Referee; in other words, additional/repeat purchases made by a Referee are not counted as additional referral credits for purposes of accumulating a Reward.
Referral credits and Rewards have no cash value, may not be transferred, and may not be exchanged for cash.
JOY reserves the right to close the account(s) of any Referrer and/or Referee and to request proper payment if the Referrer and/or Referee attempts to use the JOY Refer-a-Friend Program in a questionable manner or breaches any of these Terms or is in violation of any law, statute or governmental regulation.
- Only Friends & Family: You must only send referral invitations to close friends and family.
- Ask Their Permission First: You must ask the person for their permission to send them an email containing your referral link. Sending emails to people without permission is considered spam, and violates these Terms.
- Cap on Rewards: You may only receive referral credits towards Rewards for a maximum of 50 Referees, and the amount of Rewards you can receive is 1 per year.
The following activities are expressly prohibited and engaging in any of these will be grounds for immediate termination and disqualification from the ‘Refer a Friend’ Program, and may lead to the forfeiture of Rewards:
- Market or promote this offer through paid advertising channels or to the public at large (i.e. on public blog sites, search engines or in sponsored ads).
- Soliciting Referees using spam, bulk distribution of invitations, distribution to strangers, or posting in a public forum.
- Fraud (or attempted fraud) or other violations of law.
- Selling, trading, bartering, or providing anything of value to a Referee beyond the ‘Refer a Friend’ Program invitation.
- Self-referral or opening multiple accounts for the purpose of generating Rewards.
Your Representations and Warranties:
You represent and warrant that you will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, and that you will not (a) use any promotional or advertising materials pertaining to JOY or its products and services without JOY’s prior written approval; (b) make any false, misleading or disparaging representations or statements with regard to JOY or its products and services; (c) engage in any unfair or deceptive trade practice involving JOY or any of its products or services.
Limitation of Liability:
Right to Cancel Program or Change Terms:
JOY reserves the right to cancel the Referral Program (or any part thereof), either temporarily or permanently, or to change these Terms at any time in its sole discretion. Any Rewards will be forfeited at that time. We may suspend accounts or revoke Rewards if we determine that any activity is abusive, fraudulent, or in violation of these Terms. JOY will not be liable to you in the event of any modification, suspension, revocation of Rewards, or discontinuance of the ‘Refer a Friend’ Program.
Why should you comply?
If you fail to comply with these Terms, your participation in the ‘Refer a Friend’ Program may be cancelled and you will no longer be eligible for any Reward from the ‘Refer a Friend’ Program.